Thursday 22 April 2010

Collecting...


For most of my life I have been collecting something or another. Most of the time it was just bits of junk that were never destined to be of any use but it always seemed to bring me happiness when I found yet another piece to add to a collection.
Unfortunately as I grew older my collections didn't continue to grow. Encouraged by my mum, who detests clutter, they slowly disappeared into cupboards, drawers and boxes, so of course it came as a great suprise to me when I ventured into the attic one day and found that it was a treasure trove of things my mum had collected when she was younger.
Music played a massive role in my mums teenage years, and she spent all of her weekend-job wages on going to gigs and buying records and other music memorabilia. Her record collection is one of my favourite collections.
These are some of the first records she collected.


















No comments:

Post a Comment